Friday, October 2, 2015

Butt and Tattoo Edition

I hated playing the Bears and the Packers won (thank god for Jay Cutler). I hated playing the Seahawks and the Packers won (thank god Dom Capers). I hated playing Monday Night Football and maybe for a little bit the Chiefs because of the fact the Chiefs had never lost at Lambeau Field, but the Packers won (thank god for the Packers Alumni). Next up is the last demon from the first four games and I really hate on this one.

And now for some full disclosure. I really don't like Colin Kaepernick, I don't mean it as disliking him because he beats us - that is trivial - I mean I can't stand Kaepernick as a person. I hate all those post-game interviews after beating the Packers' butts like a drum. I could just scream every time I see his smug butt face.
Kaepernick is having a bad season coming off a terrible game against the Cardinals where he threw four interceptions and two pick-6's while completing just 9-of-19 for 67 yards. He has really sucked the big one (and I could picture that without screaming) this season, but even if he has thrown 100 passes and was picked off every time it wouldn't make a difference because he has owned the Packers defense.
When we first encountered his tattooed butt in the 2012 playoffs after he had took over when Alex Smith went out with a concussion he ran all over the Packer defense for 181 yards and two touchdowns. OBTW he also passed for 263 yards and two touchdowns after he had thrown a pick-6 to Sam Shields to open the game. It went downhill after that.
The next time we saw his swaggering butt was the opening game of the 2013 season and......I hate to relive it. Dom Capers spent the entire off-season and pre-season figuring out ways to stop him from killing us with the read-option and he pulled it off sort of. Kaepernick was held to just 22 yards rushing, but....and this is a big Kim Kardashian butt, that was more by design than to Capers effort.
Kaepernick lit up the Packers secondary to the tune of 412 yards (his best game ever to this very day) and three touchdown passes. If I was criticizing a certain Defensive Coordinator I would have a lot to say.
So fast forward to the end of that season and once again Kaepernick shows up like an inflamed boil on my buttocks. Capers prepares for him passing , so...can you guess, ahh come on I bet you can....he runs for 98 yards on seven carries and the 49ers knock the Packers out of the playoffs in the Wildcard Round.
Now we come to 3:25 p.m. Sunday. The 49ers are in free fall and all I read is how the Packers are the perfect team to cure what ails Kaepernick despite being 3-0 and coming off two great victories. I would laugh, but part of me agrees with them..
I wish I had faith in Dom Capers, but I don't. Just when you think he has figured it all out after playing a three great quarters - first, second and fourth - against the Seahawks and three great quarters - first, second and third - against the Chiefs old habits come right back letting the Chiefs get back into the game in a terrible fourth quarter.
So it comes down to this. Do the Packers complete the first quarter of the season having exorcised three demons and our favorite quarterback or do we just get three out of four leaving us unsatisfied. Tune in tomorrow, Same Pack time. Same Pack channel.
The Living End

No comments:

Post a Comment