Friday, November 10, 2017

FROM THE SUBLIME TO THE RIDICULOUS, PART BA MƯỢI MỖT

(31 in Vietnamese because Trump is there and I’m always topical)

SUBLIME
"Hardhat Frank" Enshrined at the Shrine
 I can’t find anything SUBLIME about the play of the Green Bay Packers on the field from the loss of Aaron Rodgers and Bryan Bulaga to the benching of 2-time Offensive Rookie of the Week Aaron Jones to the complete collapse of Dom Capers defense to the complete debacle of the signing of Martellus Bennett and his subsequent release to the 3 game losing streak to da Bears being a favorite in Sunday’s game. In fact I just can’t find anything SUBLIME concerning the Packers at all.

So I had to do something I find totally against all that is holy in the journalistic world and visited PACKERS.COM to look at some of Rhinelander Larry’s reports. Before I had to sink so low and contaminate myself I found something on the 2017 Packers FAN Hall of Fame inductee Frank Lamping.

He is from Union Grove, Wisconsin and is well known to the Packers faithful by many names, “Hardhat Frank” (because he wears a Packers hardhat to every game), “Lambeau Frank”, “Packer Frank” and “Jumbo” (because he appears on the Jumbotron at least once during the games at Lambeau Field).

This wonderful man sums up what being a Packer Backer is, so I recommend you watching his piece on PackersLife: http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Packers-Life-Packer-Frank/bb0a6742-2d58-4c71-ade1-062533977122

RIDICULOUS
After learning about “Lambeau Frank” I would love to be the 2018 Packers FAN Hall of Fame inductee, but I’m afraid that being nominated would be a long shot at best and being elected since I’m not a resident of Wisconsin that attends the games regularly would be a no shot. But I also think being a loyal Packer Backer from far away would also be in my favor, but at the end of the day I guess hoping to be elected to the Packers Hall of Fame would be VERY, VERY, VERY RIDICULOUS.

SUBLIME


So with my chances of being in the Packers Hall of Fame a no chance proposition I guess I will have to be satisfied with being on the outside looking in with my brick outside Lambeau Field. At least when I'm gone I will be immortalized at "The Shrine" and I consider that VERY SUBLIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment