Sunday, August 7, 2016

FROM THE SUBLIME TO THE RIDICULOUS, PART DEZOITO

(Dezoito is Portuguese for 18 in tribute to the Rio Olympics because Portuguese  is the official language of Brazil)

EXTREMELY SUBLIME
 
Favre On Top of the World
Boy, how times flies. It's been six years since Brett Favre retired for the third and last time. Last night he was inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility.
 

EXTREMELY RIDICULOUS

 
Adding Insult to Injury
Favre would have been the 24th Packers to enshrined, but it seems he turned out the first to be enshrined as a member of two teams. Look at his NFL Hall of Fame exhibit to prove it.
 
It seems the Hall decides what each inductee's exhibit looks like. I wonder if when Emlen Tunnell (who spent 11 years with the Giants and three at the end of his career with the Pack) was inducted if he had a Packer jersey next to his Giants jersey or if Len Ford (8 years with the Browns and one with the Pack) had a Packer jersey next to his Browns jersey or Jim Taylor (9 with Packers and 1 with Saints) and Paul Hornung (9 with Packers and ended with the Saints officially) had a Saints jersey next to their Packers jerseys or Herb Adderley (9 with Packers, 3 with Cowboys) and Forest Gregg (14 with Packers and 6 games with Cowboys) had a Cowboys jersey next to their Packers jerseys or Dave Robinson (10 with Packers and 2 with Redskins) had a Redskins jersey next to his Packers jersey. I now wonder about Reggie White's exhibit. I don't remember seeing it. Was he put in as an Eagle or a Packer or a Panther or all three or both the Eagles and the Packers? At least with him it would have been justified (8 as an Eagle, 6 as a Packer), but to equate 16 years as a Packer with one and a half as a Viking is nothing more than a big pile of (Pardon my French) SHIT!
 
With all the hard feelings about Favre signing with the Vikings it was extremely ridiculous and in extremely bad taste to include a Viking jersey. Let's sick Donald Trump on him or her because whoever made that decision needs to be FIRED.

 

MORE RIDICULOUS
 
Future teammates
I guess Favre was trying to make it three teams. An article appeared that the Cowboys might want to coax him out of retirement after the loss of their second string quarterback. I can hear the plane engines starting up as I write. Favre using his folksy Donald Trump sense of humor said he'd consider it if they guaranteed he wouldn't get hit.
 
That article couldn't have come out at a worst time considering his Exhibit fiasco.

 

CHILDISHLY RIDICULOUS
 
Jerry Glanville & Ken Herock
It seems former Falcon GM Ken Herock and former coach Jerry Glanville are having a hissy fit blaming each other for trading Favre to the Packers.
 
Herock believed that Favre and Glanville did not get along from the start, "Favre would never play for that coach...And there was animosity built up right away after the pick."
 
Glanville disagreed, "If you look in the encyclopedia under the word "bullshitter" [Herock's] picture is there. That's obviously 100 percent false, but he sort of reminds me, if his lips are moving it's hard to come out with a true statement. He's a cover-your-ass guy. That's who he is. Unfortunately I had no authority to make the trade, and I had no authority to draft him. All of a sudden when this happened, I had all this authority.
 
Herock then said, "When I picked Favre, [Glanville] didn't want him. And I didn't care because I thought I was picking a great player. During the whole year after I drafted him, it was partly his fault -- Favre was always late for meetings, drinking a lot, didn't even know the scout plays. He couldn't even run the scout team, they were telling me. I'm not there every day, I might be there through Tuesday and then I'd go out [to scout] for a couple of days, and every time I'd come back they'd say, "Oh, you should see what your guy did today." It was always my guy. It wasn't our guy. It was my guy. And I had no defense. I couldn't come back and say, "This is what he can do."

 

GROWNUPLY RIDICULOUS
 
'You Have to Like Me'
The Rodgers family turns out to be dysfunctional. Last year the Packer Fans were blaming Olivia Munn for the troubles Aaron Rodgers and the Packers were having on the field. Now was ridiculous, but it turns out our Boobalicious Miss Olivia is the cause of trouble within the Rodgers family.
 
Stories being circulated say, “[Olivia] has a strong personality and every meeting she has had with them has gone badly. The family says Aaron stopped talking to them. While Aaron says they don’t talk because his family doesn’t like Olivia. The family is torn apart, and it’s playing out in the media.”

 

SUBLIME IN THE "WHORE TV" WORLD
 
JoJoJo
Aaron Rodgers' brother Jordan won the Bachelorette this past week and is now engaged to JoJo. First, why would you want to marry someone who has slept with at least 10 guys while you were dating her? Second, I can't get past the first one.
 
Who wants a fiancée who had been rode hard and put up wet continuously? I wouldn't. It's similar to something Colonel Potter said when Radar asked why do women ride sidesaddle, "Would you marry one who didn't." I can't say it better than that.

 

CELEBRITY COUPLE RIDICULOUS
 
Jordan and JoJo's celebrity couple nickname is, now get this, "JoJoJo." Some idiot said that was hot. In what world is that hot?

No comments:

Post a Comment