Wednesday, November 25, 2015

I Was Wrong

I Was Wrong about #73 J.C. Tretter at Center
I'm seriously thinking about no longer making predictions because every time, except for when I'm off-blog I have been wrong lately. I started off wishy-washy and didn't pick the season opener with the Bears. I then predicted a 35-24 loss to the Seahawks before picking correctly, but not the right score wins over Chiefs, 49ers, Rams and Chargers. At that point I was 4-1-1.
 
Then the season went off the track both for the Packers and myself. I predicted a 27-21 win over the Broncos (wrong). I then gave up predicting the score and got it right by predicting a loss to the Panthers, but have been wrong the last two weeks predicting a win over the Lions and a loss to the Vikings to put my season record at 5-4-1. No as good as my day job, but I will press on with more predictions for the rest of the season.
 
In my day (or more exactly afternoon and evening) job I just finished my best season as a prep football picker for my daily newspaper where I finished tied for second out of eight with the reporter that always beats me year in and year out one game out of first place. My previous best was third place three games out. For the record over the course of 13 weeks I had an 82.6% success ratio picking 133 winners out of 161 games.
 
While I'm on the subject I was also wrong on Nov. 9 (Aaron Rodgers Gets Scared and So Am I) when I was discussing what I would do with the offensive line when I stated, "There is really no backup center, so Corey Linsley will have to work out of his sophomore slump."
 
J.C. Tretter took over for Linsley after 12 snaps Sunday and played very well. One indication what Aaron Rodgers thought about Tretter playing was when Coach Mike McCarthy called a timeout specifically to let Tretter and Rodgers get in a few practice snaps Rodgers waved it off.
 
Tretter had just one not so play the rest of the game. I admit the Packers do have a back-up and another starting center, so Linsley can sit this week (although it will snap his 26-game starting streak hurting his chances of threatening former Viking center Mick Tingelhoff's NFL record of 270 games by an offensive lineman/center or 297 by Brett Favre as well as the Packer record of 255 by Favre, Forrest Gregg's 187 for an offensive lineman and Larry McCarren's 166 for a center).
 
Now where have I also been wrong since I'm at it. Hummmm, I can't think of anything in particular. Maybe you out there can. I have ripped my shirt off and bared my back to be whipped with a wet noodle for the other full of crap things I have uttered.

No comments:

Post a Comment