Sunday, January 11, 2015

Ice Bowl II Was A Success

I have to be truthful that I was worried. After holding the Cowboys to a punt and scoring on the first drive things went south for the rest of the first half. My worry about the Cowboys lighting it up in the second was unfounded, thank God, but I wonder if it was something Dom Capers did at halftime (which I said earlier never happens) or was something the Cowboys did like over-coaching.

Whatever it was the second half was great until the catch-no catch. I was not confident we would get the call after Coach McCarthy threw the red challenge flag. Or did he? It seems McCarthy has to just show the refs the flag and not really throw it. I think he still hates to throw that flag, so he doesn't in real terms. But enough of me going off on tangents. The Packers never get calls go for them, but this time the rules ruled, so to speak. I think a reading of the rule left the only solution was to call it a no-catch. Fine with me.

Lombardi's hat off to our rookies Davante Adams and Richard Rodgers. Adams didn't let a rough first half get to him and he came through when it counted the most. Rodgers' catch for the TD started with a great route and a great catch. Thumbs up.

Lombardi's hat off to Eddie Lacy. 101 yards on a cold day and clutch runs makes him a solid runner and not just a flash in the pan. The season started slow for him, but he is really running on all cylinders - most of the time.

Lombardi's hat off to Randall Cobb. Clutch and solid describe him. Sign him soon. Let's not nickle and dime him. He deserves to be rewarded. Get the job done.

Lombardi's hat off to Aaron Rodgers, one leg and all. Clutch again. I hate to sound like Chris Collingsworth, but I just might believe he is the best quarterback in all of football. I hate Collingsworth, but more on that later, unless I forget.

Other thoughts on Sunday's win over the dreaded Cowboys later. So I will end by giving the game a big THUMBS UP.

No comments:

Post a Comment